Saturday, January 28, 2012

JANET EVANOVICH'S "ONE FOR THE MONEY"

Karen and I just saw "One For The Money." Karen is a big Stephanie Plum fan. I am not a fan of Rambo Babe movies, and I'm happy to report this is not one. One For The Money is a fun, date night, popcorn movie. Karen thought it stayed fairly faithful to the book.

The Stephanie Plum Series is in the Babes & Bullets Detective Genre. I am aware of the category but this is my first. I quite liked it. It had elements of Romantic Comedy. I am a sucker for romantic comedies. But actually, the genre is more like the third and forth Lethal Weapon movies. For feel and action it was much like the Gregory Hines/Billy Crystal Buddy movie; "Running Scared." I'm not saying it was derivative, I'm saying it was fast and fun.

As a writer and reader of the action adventure genre, I highly recommend this movie.

No comments: