Had a PET Scan done. Saw the Oncologist today for the results. He said definitely no cancer found in the whole body. He added that the scan results could not be better. I'm calling this good news.
Doctor ran a CBC blood panel plus a thyroid check to see why I'm so tired. He said it had nothing to do with the Tamoxafil I'm taking. Should hear results by Friday.
Saturday, May 18, 2013
We're going through the Book of Esther at church. Here is the first message in the series.
Each year churches act out Christmas and Easter pageants. In the same way, Synagogues act out the story of Esther every March/April
Esther tells the story of a plot to make Genocide of the Jews the Official Policy of Persia. The story shows how God moves through his Providence to make sure his divine will is carried out on earth.
Cast of Characters
A. King Ahasuerus:
* Something of a despot
* Prone to change his mind
B. Queen Vashti:
* Ahasuerus’ favorite of the Harem
* Her refusal to put on a show caused a crisis
* A Jew who is a minor court official of Ahasuerus
* He is loyal to the king AND his people
D. Queen Esther:
* An orphaned Jew who becomes Ahasuerus’ Queen
* Her Cousin Mordecai is her surrogate father
* The “Snidely Whiplash” character of the piece
* Because he feels slighted by Mordecai, he decidesto wipe out ALL the Jews