Wednesday, September 5, 2007

ON THE MEDICAL FRONT

So, okay; update time.

1. Last Friday I had lithotripsy to dislodge kidney stone gravel. Usually I pass quite a bit of debris in the form of oh, call it beach sand. This time the pickins are slim. Not much actually collected. However, I did note that some of the very fine bits were passing through the strainer. The Doctor must have blasted that gravel to talcum powder. That sounds good. Its possible that he did nothing of the sort, that the gravel is still in place. However, I do have corroborating evidence; My blood sugar numbers have dropped an average of forty points since the day after the procedure. Yippie.

2. The late and lamented finger tip seems to be healing over. I won't go into the gross and gory details but yesterday when the nurse changed the bandage she did not have to soak it off. It slipped right off the finger tip all by itself. Double Yippie.

I'm feeling pretty good. Haven't had to resort to pain medications much. I may actually resume my exercise schedule this week. Though biking is out until I can trust this finger around the handlebars. I plan to start walking Godde Hill. Its a thousand foot climb in three miles from my front door. If I improve my time up Godde, I can start thinking about Half Dome next summer.
Up, up and awaaaaaay!

3 comments:

Stephanie P. said...

I'm so glad to hear that!

Love you, Dad.

Jim said...

That sounds unbelievably unpleasant!

Don the Baptist said...

YOU BET!