Saturday, September 8, 2007

SCIENCE MARCHES ON

Hey, guess what? Kidney stone's not gone, that's what.

Had another x-ray and coffee clatch with my urologist today. He's not happy. After three traditional lithotripsy procedures, this darn stone refuses to break. Must be a diamond, I'm thinking. If I pass it, I'll be wealthy. But no, that's not likely.

As famed Ghostbuster "doctor" Venkman says; "Okay, the usual stuff isn't working." So now I get to have a laser probe inserted. Shades of Fantastic Voyage. Actually, inner-corporeal laser surgery isn't all bad. At least it ought to go over well with my congregation--Trekie Memorial Baptist Church.

However, before we get too excited I must note that there is a slight hazard of burning holes in my ureter; apparently the darn thing--ureter, not laser--wiggles around like a frisky puppy while the laser--Hello, LASER!-- probe is moving around in there. Oh joy.

Now where did I put that ash heap?

4 comments:

Austin said...

Wow, that's amazing that they can put a laser in there. I hope it goes well for you.

Don the Baptist said...

Bless you.

Eric said...

"Mr. Scott, set phasers to pulverize."

Gives a brand new meaning to boldly going where no man has gone before.

On the "bright" side, you'll probably be the first guy at church with 40 gigawatt cojones.

Live long and proper.

Kathleen Flynn said...

I might need a laser to burn that image out of my brain!
30 yrs of therapy down the tubes (No pun intended).