Thursday, January 31, 2008

SUPER TUESDAY

Boy, at times like this I really miss Ronaldus Magnus. Our relevant new California primary is coming up next week and I feel like sitting it out. Can't say I'm excited over ANY of the candidates Democrat OR Republican.

I'm registered Republican, so that is the ticket I have to choose from in the primary. But I'm suffering from what KFI AM 640 calls Electile Disfunction: the inability to get excited about any of this season's crop.

I can't stand McCain's superior attitude or his habit of siding with the Democrats and back-stabbing his own party. But I'm afraid McCain is going to get the GOP nomination. In that case, what's the difference between the DEMs and the GOP?

I'm not going to throw a vote away on Huckleberry. The last time I voted for a presidential candidate because he was a Christian--AND a Navy man!--We were stuck with Carter's ethical slide into recession and international irrelevance. Huck is not going to make the cut anyway, and even if he did he would not be acceptable to over half the electorate. Remember all those people who voted for Kerry? They are not going to cast their lot with a Southern SOUTHERN Baptist preacher. On top of all that, I don't like what he did with social initiatives in Arkansas.

I guess I'm going to vote for Mitt. Not completely satisfied with him but I do like the fact that so many people I disagree with are against him. Maybe there's more there than meets the eye.

On the other side, Obama is either the greatest person to walk the earth since Jesus Christ or he's the Anti-Christ. Well, maybe not, but we sure don't know much about him other than his public persona. He hasn't done enough for us to know anything about his real self. And his speeches sound like collections of Bartlett's Famous Quotes.

As for Hilly? My wife thinks Bill doesn't really want her in the oval office, but I disagree. I think He lusts for that power, even if he has to sit in the opposite wing. Besides, a bumper sticker I saw the other day sums it up for me: "Monica's ex-boyfriend's wife for President."

4 comments:

Eric said...

I'm undeclared so can only vote Democrat or useless. Leaning toward Obama because the other choice is Monica's ex-boyfriend's wife. At least I like Obama's public persona. Hillary seems just as false as him but I don't even like her false side.

Carolina and Rex support McCain and their arguments are starting to win me over. One man's backstabber is another man's suave political mover? I'm still hung up on immigration and like McCain's answer better than Romney's. But I don't have to decide until November. I'm not as worried about McCain's age but will still look closely at his running mate should he make it to the final.

Don the Baptist said...

sigh, yeah.

Austin said...

I thought that I was the only only one who thought Obama could be the Anti-Christ.

I haven't paid too much attention to the getting deep into who is the best person to vote for. I'm not impressed with any of them. I wish I didn't have to vote for the current choices, and I think that I have to figure out who is the best even though they aren't perfect.

It's such a big decision that we have to make. We are electing pretty much the most "influential" person in the world. Who wants to get it wrong?

Kathleen Flynn said...

I can't get past Romney's Mormonism and while I share Huck's faith, Ann Coulter put the kiss of death on him when she called him the Republican Jimmy Carter. Carter turned me into a Repulican!
I'm going with McCain because I believe he can win. Sadly, I'd rather win than be right this time.