Friday, May 30, 2008

SENIOR MOMENT

The other day I celebrated another birthday. I found myself at DENNY'S for lunch. On a whim I turned the menu over to check out the "senior" selections, for folks 55 and up. I've always wondered if the senior portions were skimpy or nasty or something. So okay, I'm an adventurous guy; I decided to go for it. I had a turkey sandwich and a bowl of soup. If anything, the portions seemed generous. This is great, I thought. That evening I told Karen about my discovery.

She said, "You're fifty-FOUR."

3 comments:

Kathleen Flynn said...

Happy birthday regardless of which one it is! The best part of getting older is the discounts. That kinda balance out the aches and pains. Sort of . . .

Don the Baptist said...

The absolute worst thing about getting older is no matter what aches and pains you suffer, no matter the indignities you body inflicts on your ego, no matter the memory loss, there's always SOMEBODY to say, "ah, your still a kid, you don't know what old is!"

Kathleen Flynn said...

If there's not somebody than your OWN BODY convinces you that, "Sure you can paint the whole house in one day- you did it before!" or some equally crippling idea.