Tuesday, October 23, 2012

FIFTH CHEMOTHERAPY SESSION

SIT REP: And then there were two.

When I started this in July I had four months of chemo to look forward to. Now I am looking at less than (</ Eric) four weeks. Today is the fifth of six sessions. The sixth and final chemo will take place three weeks from today with the end of "chemo" week five days later.

Over the years I have gone through numerous spiritual deserts, times where God's presence seemed remote. Some older writers refer to these as "times when the heavens seem as brass." I sometimes call it times when my prayers don't seem to get any higher than the ceiling.

Since beginning this journey in April, I have not experienced such emptiness. I have felt God's presence beside me, bearing me up in ways that I longed for during the desert times. why God chooses to works this way I don't expect to understand fully this side of Glory. Scripture promises God does not test us beyond our ability to bear it, though I have come to think that the Holy One has a much higher opinion of what I can bear than I do of myself.

I will say it's kind of like my health care provider. For the every-day services it can be quite tedious, but with major health issues I am amazed at how quickly and compassionately they can act. God seems to work LIKE that.

I don't expect I'm beyond spiritual deserts in my future. I do know that when I really need him God is an ever present comfort. "I will never leave you or forsake you," he promised. Amen.

3 comments:

Eric said...

Glad you have < 4 weeks to go. It means you've survived > 12 weeks of chemo cycles. Awesome that you feel God's presence >> than before.

Anonymous said...

Thanking God for the progress so far and praising Him for the comfort of His presence!

maggie.danhakl@healthline.com said...

Hi,

Healthline just designed a virtual guide of the effects of chemotherapy on the body. You can see the infographic here: http://www.healthline.com/health/cancer/effects-on-body

This is valuable med-reviewed information that can help a person understand the side effects they are experiencing from their chemo treatment. I thought this would be of interest to your audience, and I’m writing to see if you would include this as a resource on your page: http://hadlyville.blogspot.com/2012/10/fifth-chemotherapy-session.html

If you do not believe this would be a good fit for a resource on your site, even sharing this on your social communities would be a great alternative to help get the word out.

Thanks so much for taking the time to review. Please let me know your thoughts and if I can answer any questions for you.

All the best,
Maggie Danhakl • Assistant Marketing Manager
p: 415-281-3124 f: 415-281-3199

Healthline • The Power of Intelligent Health
660 Third Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
www.healthline.com | @Healthline | @HealthlineCorp

About Us: corp.healthline.com