Saturday, October 13, 2007

DC AND NORTHERN VIRGINIA






































Two summers ago, Karen and I were privileged to spend a month visiting in the Nation's capitol. The former treasurer from my church was doing time in the pentagon and we stayed with her while touring the area. We really had a great time apart from the humidity. As a nearly life-long Westerner I tire quickly of humidity and precipitation. At the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier an ambulance took someone away because of heat exhaustion. (doubtless a fellow low-humidifite)

Tonight, while browsing through "My Pictures," I relived our trip. We'd like to go sometime in the fall or spring just to see what all the fuss is about.

Here's a couple shots for you... the first is an inscription in the National Cathedral. The second is a painting by a former church member, hanging in the Capitol Building. The third is Karen and I sitting in George Washington's family Pew in Alexandria. And the fourth us is watching the Beach Boys on the Capitol lawn on July 4th.

1 comment:

Eric said...

The cherry blossoms are very beautiful in spring, but hard to time. I traveled enough on business for a couple of years to get lucky once. The weather is better in fall and spring.