Wednesday, October 3, 2007

WE'RE GOIN' IN: PART 2

Whew, what a day. When you have surgery you can't eat for twelve hours before said surgery. I'm diabetic, which means I can't take my medications until afterward, either. Because of that They usually schedule me for very early in the morning. Not yesterday. I was scheduled for 10:30 which is still kind of late. I actually went into the OR at 3:00 PM. Dr Lau said he got the nasty little bugger. He blasted it to pop rocks and actually managed to drain most of the bits out during surgery.

I woke up in recovery @ 6:00 and left the hospital at 7:00. FINALLY ate at 8:00. The good news is my fasting blood sugar next morning was 90. (a normal person's levels vary from 75-130)

No pain to speak of. A touch of residual soreness from the garden hose they had up me. Burns when I pump bilges. However, the excruciating torturous pain lessons with each event. I should be fine by tomorrow.

Appreciate all your prayers--you know who you are.

Off to resume normal schedule; defined as a couple hours of "work" followed by a long nap.

Later Duds--er, Dudes!

4 comments:

Stephanie P. said...

I'm so glad to hear they finally got it. That sucks that you didn't get out until 7! Yikes!! I'm glad you're not really having much pain. Love you!

Don the Baptist said...

Bless you my child.

Austin said...

Glad you're feeling better.

The Pattersons said...

Thank god! Let's keep praying that it never happens again ;-)