Saturday, October 13, 2007

I JUST SAVED A BUNCH OF MONEY ON MY CAR BY THE GRACE OF GOD

Last month I was offered a pretty sweet deal on a used car. A 2001 Taurus became available for a good price. 2001, you sniff. And a Ford Taurus? Was it free? Yeah, okay, laugh. Its not exactly the Dodge Charger I was lusting for, but as Paul Harvey used to say; wait'll you hear the rest of the story.

This '01 Ford was owned by an aged couple. By that I mean this six year old car had less than 38,000 miles on it. Plus, I was generously offered a deal considerably below Kelly Blue Book. On top of that, I could put half down and pay the rest off monthly--my schedule. Whoa, that does sound pretty sweet.

You Betsy, Ross! But the icing on the cake came this morning. I received a phone call telling me that the car had been paid off, never mind the details.

Now some of you might be thinking; "Yeah, yeah! Those preachers are always ripping off little old ladies." All I can say is, the little old lady in question has already been promoted to Glory. Technically, I was offered this car by an agent of the executor. Beside that, I have never before received such an overwhelming blessing. To paraphrase Indiana Jones, "This kind of thing doesn't happen to me every day."

This is how God's grace works. Its more than you expect or deserve. In fact, if you can read the Bible--Romans in particular--and NOT say, "No God, you can't mean that! That's too much!!" I would say you do not yet understand grace.

I hope I can remember this blessing the next time I start complaining about being led into wilderness just to die.

Thank God for His marvelous Grace

2 comments:

Austin said...

That's really a blessing considering how poorly the economy is doing right now. CONGRATS.

I wanted to buy a sofa, but today I drove past someone's house and picked up one for free that's in pretty good condition. Blessings are all around...

CONGRATS Again!!!

Eric said...

I was very encouraged when you shared this. Our church may need money, but God doesn't.