Tuesday, July 31, 2012

MY CHEMICAL BROMANCE

Ever since I found out I had breast cancer, not a week has gone by without someone assuring me that men get breast cancer too. Thank you. Fact is, parts of the system are not--but definitely--set up for treating men. When I went for initial scanning and my biopsy I was purposely sequestered from the women patients. Some methods bordered on the absurd: I was herded through back hallways--DARK back hallways--to avoid patient areas.But here I am. The system has worked quickly and has focused on my comfort and care. I cannot complain about my treatment at the hands of medical personnel.

As for friends; WOW. I am overwhelmed by the outpouring of concern, prayer and offers of help. My faith in God has strengthened me beyond expectation. Without belaboring the point, cancer is scary. And one person has gone out of his way to frighten me into compliance. I honestly don't know how anyone could go through this threat without the hope and peace that God provides.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Now the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the Great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal covenant, even Jesus our Lord equip you in every good thing to do His will, working in us that which is pleasing in His sight through Jesus Christ,to whom be the glory forever and ever, Amen." Hebrews 13:20-21
We send love and prayers, Iris and Rex