Monday, November 5, 2007

WARNING: BLOOD DEPRESSURIZATION IN PROGRESS EPISODE # 4

Oh, and while we're at it, WHAT'S UP WITH THE FREAKIN' SCIENCE CHANNEL??!!

They are running ads for the show "Everest: Beyond The Limit!" and the commercials consist of a bunch of whiners who thought climbing Mt. Everest would be a Sunday School picnic. "This is not something you want to do!" bemoans one woman. "I'm crying because of the pain," whines a thirty-something crybaby who apparently needs his diaper changed and 2AM feeding.

Here's some helpful advice; "GO HOME, you whiners!" Who wants to watch this crap? It's supposed to be rugged ADVENTURE for Pete's sake, not Barney's nursery school!

Do you think Edmund Hillary's historic climb sounded like this? No... No, I doubt it.

I've tried to climb Half Dome in Yosemite National Park. It was hard. I gave out a thousand feet below the summit. I griped about being sore & tired, sure. But most of the remarks I remember, from myself, my friends and everysinglepersononthetrail was something like: "I've run out of words to describe how beautiful and majestic this is." Awe was a lot more prevalent than woe.

I'll tell you another thing, when the cameras were rolling, I knocked off the griping.

3 comments:

Kathleen Flynn said...

Don- go ahead. Tell us how you really feel!

Kathleen Flynn said...

In my distress over moron-mountain climbers and my disgust about Target, I posted my comments backwards.

See comment on Episode #3 for a true representation of my feelings.

Stephanie P. said...

it's like those people who go on Dr. Phil and want to get help with their problems, then bitch when he tells them what's wrong. the TV watching public (apparently) loves people who whine...it's everywhere, unfortunately. people sign up for things expecting it to be wine and roses, and complain when it's hard.