Thursday, February 14, 2008

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

Last night as I was falling asleep in front of the television I awoke with a start. For what to my wondering eyes should appear but Peter Fonda hawking Time Life's Groovy Sounds of the Sixties.

Yep, that's right; Peter Fonda, one of the designated icons of counter-establishment cool is doing old people commercials. In other words, Mister "Stick-It-To-The-Man" is now shilling for the man. Wake up and smell the irony. And he's just the guy to get the job done, too. Looks like he's been spending his time fishing on Golden Pond.

Poor guy. His career has long been over. Now he's forced to remind the rest of us of that fact by scraping the bottom of the job barrel. At least he's not doing denture cream ads.

Yet.

2 comments:

Stephanie P. said...

what? I always love seeing florence henderson doing those Polydent commercials..it warms the cockles of my heart!

Eric said...

Makes me wonder if he really needs the money or just wants to do something to be seen. I mean, I'd do it for the money, but doesn't Peter (and Florence) have a few more dollars in the bank than I do?