Tuesday, February 5, 2008

THE DREADED DAY IS HERE!

I did it. I cast my ballot for McCain.

I considered all the things I don't like about the guy--voting record, nutty global warming ideas, (* see below) and snarling responses to upstarts who ask him questions--and concluded that A. he's going to be the Republican nominee, and B. should Romney win the nomination, he'll merely go down in glorious Goldwater flames, and C. in '91 I voted against Bush 1 in the primary to "send a message." In retrospect, I don't think that was such a smart move. (I can't even remember who I voted for in that primary--NO not Perot!)

However I vote--or you for that matter--the media will continue to run the beauty pageant for the next nine freakin' months. Now is a good time to collect a good DVD library to help keep your sanity.

(* below) I do not dispute that the earth is going through a warming trend. I heartily dispute that humans are causing it or can reverse the process. Ice core samples, ocean floor ice berg debris and an ancient Alpine mining operation discovered under a retreating glacier along with a myriad of other ACTUAL POINTS OF EVIDENCE, as opposed to breathless rhetoric and computer modeling, tell us that the earth's climate oscillates. I truly despise people trying to scare the bejesus out of me for political gain and personal power.

1 comment:

Kathleen Flynn said...

I know that was tough for you but welcome to the winning team.
I will confess to having voted for Perot, but I will never throw my vote away again!